• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

10K thingi

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10K thingi

Say today I was having a conversation with my accountant. He said that the 10K thingi still applied - But I'm sure I read somewhere that it didn't. Completely gone. Just wondering as it will definitly affect the tax I'm paying - Its like £1,200 more and obviously next year it will be £1,900 more.

How does that 10K thingi work now?
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Assume you mean CT, ain't a 10k thingy to my knowledge since April 2006. 19% (and rising) on all earnings.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Assume you mean CT, ain't a 10k thingy to my knowledge since April 2006. 19% (and rising) on all profits.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Huh!

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
        Say today I was having a conversation with my accountant. He said that the 10K thingi still applied - But I'm sure I read somewhere that it didn't. Completely gone. Just wondering as it will definitly affect the tax I'm paying - Its like £1,200 more and obviously next year it will be £1,900 more.

How does that 10K thingi work now?
        WTF are you on about?
        Have you ever, in your life, had to write a letter to people you do not know and expect them to understand your rambles?
        FFS - do you actually charge for your services? If it's charity then I apologise.
        exbrm

Comment

Originally posted by exbrm View Post
          WTF are you on about?
          Have you ever, in your life, had to write a letter to people you do not know and expect them to understand your rambles?
          FFS - do you actually charge for your services? If it's charity then I apologise.
          Oh dear, are we having an angry day?
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
            Oh dear, are we having an angry day?
            YES! WHAT'S IT GOT TO DO WITH YOU! DS?!

OK - we are both having a dig, but come on, this is a naff posting.
            Verbal diarrhea.
            HMRC has laid down the gauntlet to freelancers to behave like business's in their own right and act accordingly. Some of the postings on this website lead me to despair. "Can I claim my new sofa, my ipod, my normal lunch, my parking fine, myCo Xmas do?", etc., etc.
            My view is - if you are not up for it (or fit for it) go brolly and don't tar the rest of us with the same brush.
            No use anyone having a laugh and snigger behind Hector's back if you are not prepared to face them in court - think about it!
            Try a look at a serious forum > http://www.pcg.org.uk > if you want more persuasion (free to view but members only to comment).
            exbrm

Comment

Boo hoo hoo. Sorry I'm not a lawyer and don't use precise language. If you wanna speak t' dem Don't hang around here. I've been on here long enough to know what passes for a reasonable post.
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Assume you mean CT, ain't a 10k thingy to my knowledge since April 2006. 19% (and rising) on all earnings.
                That's what I thought...Hmmm time to change accountants???

Comment

Verbal diarrhea.

[QUOTE=lilelvis2000;357737] Sorry I'm not a lawyer and don't use precise language. If you wanna speak t' dem Don't hang around here.QUOTE]

Enough said, dear ..........
                  exbrm

Comment

That's Mr. Dear to you.

Comment

Working...
                    X