• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whos dumping their company secretary next year?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whos dumping their company secretary next year?

From 6 April 2008, private companies shall be allowed if they so choose to dispense with the role of Company Secretary. This will allow companies to operate with just one Director if they wish.

I'll be getting rid of mine.

Anyone else considering this?
    Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

No. Next.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

why would I dump the wife?

Comment

Originally posted by dude69 View Post
        why would I dump the wife?
        Because she'll run off with all your cash...

Don't say I didn't warn you when she runs off with your best friend and all that lovely lolly!
        Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          No. Next.
          Yes, next.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            Yes, next.
            Why?

I can't see any reason for getting rid of the company secretary if you have one in place. If I was setting up again, I might consider it, but what benefit does it give you to get rid of him / her / them now?
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Why?

I can't see any reason for getting rid of the company secretary if you have one in place. If I was setting up again, I might consider it, but what benefit does it give you to get rid of him / her / them now?
              Well for Moscow Mule it will stop him being an MSC (see http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...iling-sjd.html)

Comment

Originally posted by THEPUMA View Post
                Well for Moscow Mule it will stop him being an MSC (see http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...iling-sjd.html)
                I'm not the MSC!!! SJD are!!!
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Why?

See below - they will still be providing the service, just not officially the Company Secretary.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    I'm not the MSC!!! SJD are!!!
                    No SJD are (potentially) the MSC Provider. You are (potentially) the MSC and the tax liability (potentially) falls on your company initially.

Comment

Working...
                    X