• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whos dumping their company secretary next year?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miffy View Post
    From 6 April 2008, private companies shall be allowed if they so choose to dispense with the role of Company Secretary. This will allow companies to operate with just one Director if they wish.

I'll be getting rid of mine.

Anyone else considering this?
    will not getting rid of the company sec make you look more less like a proper company in business ?
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
      will not getting rid of the company sec make you look more less like a proper company in business ?
      Why would it?

The government wants to "help" small business by reducing red tape.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        I hear what you're saying bluebird, but as Sue points out they're happy for small businesses to not have one. It won't make your appear any different on paper.

It get's my vote so I'm getting shut of mine. I'll save some folks a few quid where they are currently paying for this service.
        Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Why would it?

I can understand the "real" reason for it.

It seems odd to me that a lot of contractors go out of their way to try to make their operations appear as genuine businesses [ websites, business cards etc ].
          Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Why would it?

Comment

If I was you would not be in such a hurry, while their will be no legal requirement to have one there will probably be a need for a while to have until everyone's internal procedures catch up, to my mind mainly the banks

Comment

Working...
              X