• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

contractor rights in companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

contractor rights in companies

Hi
    Wonder if anyone can offer some advice.

I have been employed as a full time employee in the same company for the past 5 years, prior to my post being made permanent I was contracting for the same company for a further 2.5 years. This was a continuous contract with no breaks, through an agency. I am now in the process of being made redundant and my empoyers have stated that my contracting time will not count with regards to the redundancy package. Is this true? I remember hearing about a case in the US (it is a US firm I am working for) that contested this, as they stated they had been continuously employed and deserved the same rights as other employees. I also heard that this would apply if someone was employed under contractor status for over 2 years. Is any of this true? I would like to contest this with my employer, but would prefer to have some more feeling about my rights before I do so.

many thanks,
    Irish

Working...
X