• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cater Allen lost transacton?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cater Allen lost transacton?

I set up two payments from my Cater Allen account last weekend one salary and one dividend, but after I checked my bank balance I noticed that only the salary had been paid in? I logged onto my Cater Allen account and the money was still in there but it was if I had never set up the payment??

I find this quite odd, has anyone else had a disappearing payment schedule?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

I've not had any dissapear but their online payments system is not quite as intuitive as it could be. I've had to go back a redo a payment on a couple of occasions because of it.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      I set up two payments from my Cater Allen account last weekend one salary and one dividend, but after I checked my bank balance I noticed that only the salary had been paid in? I logged onto my Cater Allen account and the money was still in there but it was if I had never set up the payment??

I find this quite odd, has anyone else had a disappearing payment schedule?
      I have never had a probem and have a number of payments setup in this fashion. As DaveB says sometimes it's not the most inuitive system. Are you sure you entered the payment dates in correctly as that seems to default to 01 Jan 1900.

Comment

I set up two payments from my Cater Allen account last weekend one salary and one dividende
        Out of pure interest, is there a particular reason why you set-up two different payments, rather than add them together as one - or do you just like keeping Salary separate from Dividends in the bank movement process?

Comment

Originally posted by rawly View Post
          Out of pure interest, is there a particular reason why you set-up two different payments, rather than add them together as one - or do you just like keeping Salary separate from Dividends in the bank movement process?
          I just like to keep them separate so I can easily compare my statements and accounting paperwork without doing any calculations.

I agree the online system is a bit of a muddle and I often find I have to click through several options to find what I'm looking for, I don't think I made a mistake as I am very careful when it comes to large sums of money!
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I just like to keep them separate so I can easily compare my statements and accounting paperwork without doing any calculations.
            OK! I was just checking as I thought it might be standard practice to split them - I don't bother doing this.

Comment

Working...
            X