• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Own LTD. Sharing 6 months of experience

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maxima View Post
    I entirely, totally, thoroughly, utterly, wholly, purely, altogether, undeviatingly, outright, absolutely, unequivocally agree with you.

How does your statement change my situation?
    Now you've realised the errors of your ways, you can change.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

and you are.. Oh my god! Shri Padmasambhava!

thank you great guru! you saved my miserable life

Comment

Thanks aren't necessary. I just live on the warm glow of a job well done.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

OK, it's late-ish Saturday evening. I'm over the drink drive limit (but not so drunk I'm falling downstairs or even just falling regardless of whether or not stairs are in the vicinity). So I can forgive myself for not being quite as coherent or able to understand things as much as usual. I hope you lot do too.

But, I'm having real problems with Max's posts/figures/philosophy. It seems to me that he wants to take everything out of the limited company NOW.
          And he's fretting over whether he gets an extra 2% saving (of what?) compared with when he was with a umbrella.

He seems to have no concept of 'running a business' i.e. the invoices you create are invoices which generate income for THE COMPANY. Not him as an EMPLOYEE of that company. His COMPANY can pay his tube fares for legitimate travel to work from home and back. His COMPANY can pay for a computer for him (and his company secretary/fellow director) to use for COMPANY business. Ditto a small proportion of expenses such as heat and light if his COMPANY has an office based presence (e.g. spare room) at his house.

He also seems to have no concept of allowing his company to build up reserves to cover its employees (of which he is one) through lean times.

I despair. I really do despair. The yoof of today - huh! I also wonder if he's actually a troll..
          Last edited by miss marple; 13 October 2007, 21:39.

Comment

"I despair. I really do despair. The yoof of today - huh! I also wonder if he's actually a troll.. "

Glad it's not just me - refrained from butting in earlier because I'm not "full blown IT - and a bit of an old git! But it seems incedible that such a dumbskull can earn over 10K (yes ten) a year. The bubble will soon burst for you guys if this is the calibre of home grown "talent".
            exbrm

Comment

Portugal is cheap I hear ! ...............

Tente desligar e ligar novamente, em seguida,
              exbrm

Comment

the bubble for loser was never existed in first place. And will never do...

ciao

Comment

ah sorry. to be looking galmoruos and witty I need to add my new signature:
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------
                  Una margarita y una chica porfabor...

Comment

Originally posted by miss marple View Post
                    OK, it's late-ish Saturday evening. I'm over the drink drive limit (but not so drunk I'm falling downstairs or even just falling regardless of whether or not stairs are in the vicinity).

I despair. I really do despair. The yoof of today - huh! I also wonder if he's actually a troll..
                    Mmmm... Are you afraid of trolls? Do you want me to be _your troll?

Comment

This thread is going places. I'm not sure where, but I'm too scared to think about it any more.

NotAllThere - love your eloquent, verbacious, wordy post

Hevra

Comment

Working...
                      X