• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is the tax liability for a company motorcycle?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Too busy shaking my head thinking WTF???? and why??? to even bother thinking about anything sarcastic

How's that ?? lol
    Not Bad, well done.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      Not Bad, well done.
      Ahhhthankew
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'm not aware that anything has changed and am still running my company bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          If I'm over the 2 year limit on expenses, does a bike become 100% BIK?
          Did you get an answer to this question?
          Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
            Did you get an answer to this question?
            Nope. Not yet.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post
              OK so lets say the bike (inc clothing) costs £8812.50 inc vat and the annual running costs are £1000, is this correct:

Bike price ex vat £7,500.00
              Bike price inc vat £8,812.50
              Servicing Tax Ins spares etc £1,000.00
              Cost to company for BIK £9,812.50
              NI payable by co £211.50
              BIK £1,762.50
              Tax payable @ 22% £387.75
              Tax payable @ 40% £705.00

The company reclaims £1312.50 Vat

Now if that is right:

Do the figures change if say I do 3000 business miles and 2000 private miles?
              Does the company pay for the petrol and how does that affect tax liability?
              If I pay the petrol, do I then claim for business miles (like you would in a company supplied car?)
              If I pay salary and divvies up to say just below the 40% threashold, is the BIK assessed at 22% (my highest tax rate) or does the BIK get added to my salary and therefore charged at 40%?

Good question, and one which I would like to get the answer to ....

Comment

Come on you accountants. Someone must have an answer for us.
                Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

At least they cant say do a search.... we have done that bit!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X