• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Norla EBT Loan Scheme

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daz2864 View Post
    Freestyle accounting was set up by one of the management at Norla who left Norla the company. Norla accounting, basics, XT Base and consulting are all under the same Norla Group and its the group that has collapsed, there are no staff there, the company has shut down. You should be perfectly safe using Freestyle accounting as I dont believe they are in any way connected with Norla, but give them a call, I believe I know who set up the company and they will be perfectly straight and honest with you if it is who I believe it to be.
    Emailed them just after I posted my last message and they confirmed that they have nowt to do with Norla Group for over 4 years.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

just to clarify...

Freestyle accounting was set up by one of the management at Norla who left Norla the company. Norla accounting, basics, XT Base and consulting are all under the same Norla Group and its the group that has collapsed, there are no staff there, the company has shut down. You should be perfectly safe using Freestyle accounting as I dont believe they are in any way connected with Norla, but give them a call, I believe I know who set up the company and they will be perfectly straight and honest with you if it is who I believe it to be.
      Just for the record, XT-Base is not part of Norla group. It is a separate entity that supplies systems, hosting and service to Norla. A lot has changed in the last 2 years.

Comment

Apologies

Originally posted by Craggle View Post
        Just for the record, XT-Base is not part of Norla group. It is a separate entity that supplies systems, hosting and service to Norla. A lot has changed in the last 2 years.
        Must apologise must have misunderstood the banner on the bottom of XT-Base's web page which states XT-Base are part of Norla, you can understand why Mr Jo average would put two and two together, so apologiers XT-Base (are not as their web site suggests??) Part of Norla.... or have understood / read it wrong?? Answers on a post card please

Comment

Apparently XT Base are now in administration. But Norla group and Norla consulting are still showing on companies house as Live.

Comment

Norla Group

Originally posted by mulberryblue View Post
            Apparently XT Base are now in administration. But Norla group and Norla consulting are still showing on companies house as Live.
            Yes I thought they were one of a kind and that has come as no surprise. They were all based in the same building and I think they were trying to clutch at straws keeping part of the business open... unfortunately when the group collapses its takes down the whole lot. Well thats it then Norla and all associated companies appear to be no more, sad for all the ppl that worked there, at one point the staff were excellent and were the most professional, knowledgeable and friendly team. I wish them all the best for the future, in addition to the contractors who appear to have lost money by the collapse of Norla.

Comment

Norla and Cirrus Nova

Yes I thought they were one of a kind and that has come as no surprise. They were all based in the same building and I think they were trying to clutch at straws keeping part of the business open... unfortunately when the group collapses its takes down the whole lot. Well thats it then Norla and all associated companies appear to be no more, sad for all the ppl that worked there, at one point the staff were excellent and were the most professional, knowledgeable and friendly team. I wish them all the best for the future, in addition to the contractors who appear to have lost money by the collapse of Norla.
              My company provided services to Norla (or one of its companies) and, to give my comments context, we did not part on the best of terms.

I believe that XTBase was setup by Grenville Jeremy Norton (known as Jeremy Norton).

It appears that Mr Norton has now setup a new company Cirrus Nova.

Of possible interest to debtors and the administrators of the Norla companies is that "Cirrus Nova is a pioneering provider of versatile recruitment software" which is exactly what XTBase was doing for one of the Norla companies, amongst other things. One would hope that any IPR (copyright's etc) produced under the guise of liquidating companies has been purchased at market value.

Look at the following LinkedIn profiles of staff that clearly have moved from one company to the other:

<mod snip, you're welcome to compare and contrast yourselves...>

To show that I am not hiding anything my LinkedIn profile is
              <mod snip, and you can look up Gary too, if you want>
              Last edited by GaryVarga; 10 May 2011, 14:08. Reason: Corrected spelling: 3rd para, 7th word (was not)

Comment

Advantage Accounts

These were the last accountants I dealt with at Norla: Advantage Accounts - website I note is by Cirrus Nova. Strangely haven't had a P11D this year...very strange.

I was fortunate in being advised that I had to leave Norla in September 2010 by Hays Consulting. Now also with Freestyle who seem to be doing a very good job.

Now just keeping fingers crossed that I don't have to cross paths with HMRC over the whole Norla EBT scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by Phaedridge View Post
                  These were the last accountants I dealt with at Norla: Advantage Accounts - website I note is by Cirrus Nova. Strangely haven't had a P11D this year...very strange.

I was fortunate in being advised that I had to leave Norla in September 2010 by Hays Consulting. Now also with Freestyle who seem to be doing a very good job.

Now just keeping fingers crossed that I don't have to cross paths with HMRC over the whole Norla EBT scheme.
                  If you are genuinely with Freestyle and this is not then you should be aware that their website gives strong indicators that they are operating an MSC which were outlawed 4 years ago
                  Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                    If you are genuinely with Freestyle and this is not then you should be aware that their website gives strong indicators that they are operating an MSC which were outlawed 4 years ago
                    Which bit do you reckon gives "strong indicators" that they're operating as an MSC? I can see they are trying to appeal to people on how much the accountant is doing, but they don't mention that they raise invoices for you or that they run your bank account do they?

Comment

Originally posted by Hex View Post
                      Which bit do you reckon gives "strong indicators" that they're operating as an MSC? I can see they are trying to appeal to people on how much the accountant is doing, but they don't mention that they raise invoices for you or that they run your bank account do they?
                      The Freestyle service includes:
                      Formation of your limited company
                      Registering your company for VAT/PAYE
                      Setting up your company bank account.
                      FREE IR35 status reviews at any time.
                      Acting as your registered office including full company secretarial service
                      An intuitive online system to enter timesheets and expenses
                      Generating and sending invoices to clients
                      Chasing payments from clients
                      Completing quarterly VAT returns.
                      Up to date live position of the company, showing profit to date, what you need to reserve for tax and what is available as dividends. All available through our online system.
                      Monthly payroll service including all year end submissions.
                      Annual Statutory Accounts including filing all statutory returns inc Corporation Tax Returns.
                      Personal Tax Return
                      Dealing with all correspondence from HMRC & Companies House
                      Advice on IR35 & S.660
                      Comprehensive Insurance package including PII, HMRC investigation insurance.
                      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
                      X