• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tax Return 2006/7 -150% ??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assume he is referring to end of the small company relief in Jan 2006, not the extra hikes yet to come. My CT bill for y/e June 2006 was significantly higher than for similar previous years. The consolation is that it is money well spent, more pointless wars, more useless migrants, more pointless civil servants, more perks for MPs, more distribution to the feckless, more destruction of incentives, more donated to the EU, more...

PS They all need STABBING, all taxation is theft, all government is banditry.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 17 June 2007, 17:11.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by max
      When the first increase takes affect, on 100k profit, it will be an extra 1k, so expect tax to pay to increase by 5%(not 50%).

Maybe you just made 50% for profit. Turnover up and expenses down?
      I was talking about personal tax. dunnow what surprises are out there for CT yet...

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
        The consolation is that it is money well spent, more pointless wars, more useless migrants, more pointless civil servants, more perks for MPs, more distribution to the feckless, more destruction of incentives, more donated to the EU, more
        I think exactly the same... all 'improvements' were done at cost 3 times more than a 'normal' government would even imagine to spend.

Comment

Working...
        X