• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

VAT Registration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow can't believe this post is still going strong that i started so long ago.

Took mine about 2 months to come through then you sit and wait again for your FRS to come through. Accountant is still chasing it now.

Good Luck everyone
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

As most of you are reaching the milestone of receiving your VAT number i have reached my first Milestone of sending my first return back 6 months after applying for my number
      Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

first time poster - be gentle...

vat reg applied for 17-08-07
        letter asking for documents (invoices sales, bank charges etc) - 15-10-07

the wait continues.

Comment

Ditto

My first post too....

My VAT registration was very promptly delivered, a few weeks after registration....

Oh sorry, no that would be me dreaming of a proper service.

Registered in June, received request for 'extra info'... in September...still waiting....
          /* ----------------------------- */
          [email protected]
          www.bluware.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by BluWare View Post
            My first post too....

My VAT registration was very promptly delivered, a few weeks after registration....

Oh sorry, no that would be me dreaming of a proper service.

Registered in June, received request for 'extra info'... in September...still waiting....
            Me 2 - want a copy of a contract with customers for some reason....

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Kangaroo View Post
              Me 2 - want a copy of a contract with customers for some reason....
              it's to prove you are not a money launderer
              Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Another newbie here...

Can I claim fastest ever registration?

Sent - Sept 28
                Certificate issued - Oct 4
                Received - Oct 15

pleased as punch

Comment

FYI,
                  applied in first week of July,

got approval/certificate yesterday. dated 8th oct but the 2nd class HMRC post was stuck in the postal strike for more than 2 weeks!!

now to reinvoice the agency!! hopefully no dramas

Comment

Finally got the VAT registration number today.

Applied on 10 April.
                    VAT number received on 24 Oct.

Comment

I've received my VAT certificate weeks ago, but still waiting for the FRS. What's the waiting time for everyone here? I applied for FRS at the same time with the VAT, Nixon Williams said that I should receive the FRS a couple after the VAT certificate, it has been over 3 weeks now and still none to be seen.

Comment

Working...
                      X