• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business mobile phones!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have personal mobile phone contracts as last year we couldn't find a competitive business deal. We (both directors) charge a % of the phone bill to expenses for the business element - I typically charge around 80% of the total bill. Unless I'm mistaken that is legit isn't it? When our contracts are up again I'll have another look (currently with O2).

Comment

Originally posted by achillea
      We have personal mobile phone contracts as last year we couldn't find a competitive business deal. We (both directors) charge a % of the phone bill to expenses for the business element - I typically charge around 80% of the total bill. Unless I'm mistaken that is legit isn't it? When our contracts are up again I'll have another look (currently with O2).
      All you can charge for are business calls.

A lot of perople will get their bills sent to the company in the company name and charge that in it's entirity. If this is picked up in an investigation the inspector will challenge it (if they can be bothered).

Comment

Working...
      X