• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business mobile phones!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see nothing wrong with giving the company secretary a phone if she does work for you (rather than just being on the paper for the sake of being on it).

My company secretary deals with all the invoicing, does some customer service and has control of the company advertising. She takes a wage out of tha company and as a result gets a phone (Kind of useful if customers need to talk to her).

Also the extra phone is minimal cost on Orange contracts, the business ones have a pool of minutes and texts that all phones use so the only extra cost for an extra phone is (if i remember correctly) about £17 a month to bolt a second phone into the existing company pool of minutes and texts.

(I only mention Orange contracts as that is what I have at the moment, I assume other providers have similar offerings)

Hardly something for the shareholders to kick up a stink about really is it, especially as the handset is free.

Comment

Me myself and I have gone down the lean mean route of pay as you go with T-Mobile and a flat rate of 10p/min. It's the best thing I have ever done. I spend on average £10 per quarter and use it purely for very quick conversations. Very quick indeed!! Wherever possible I wll use the landline to return calls and will revert to SMS for urgent messages.

My phone is a very old phone (probably built in Communist Bulgaria). The SIM card cost me 50p. When I top-up with £10, T-mobile usually give me £2 credit. Yes, that is 20% discount!!

Who needs to wade through all the cr@ppy tariffs and latest slimmest phones. Keep it simple, and use to the absolute minimum. Your life will be better for it!! Bah humbug!!
      Heaven is a place called "Invoice Paid"

Comment

By contrast I use up my free minutes every month and never use the land line and have a pretty much static bill (I even had a £100 credit applied to my account last time i upgraded because the new phone was free upgrade and and the old one got me £100 cashback, bonus a few months with no phone bill )

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird
          Orange Business A/cs are mostly the same as personal ones.
          One benfit is that your Cust serv no is 345 not 150 which is much better service as the call centre is UK not asia.
          You can't get the free Broadband as a business customer...
          Property advisor for the people

Comment

Originally posted by unisign124
            Hi,

Im a newbie and just emerged from under the brolly and formed a LTD via SJD.

I've seen some good mobile phone deals online but these are personal contracts.My question is in 2 parts.

Is it easy/possible to get a personal contract and then get the billing depts to change name to mycomp ltd from my own personal name and presumably change the bank account paying bill to my company account.
            (Personal accounts seem better value than business accounts)

My non earning spouse who is helping out as comp secretary would presumably be entitled to have a company mobile as well?Basically is claiming 2 x £30/month mobiles allowable?

Sorry if question has been flogged before but I'd appreciate some feedback.

Thanks!!
            I was with T-Mobile as was my wife/company secretary - both on perosnal plans

contacted t-mobile and transferred both plans to their business 1 plan which gives 1 bill for as many mobiles as your company wants - you also get free calls unlimited between the mobiles that are on the same account.

Also got a free MDA vario II with satnav bundled

You can tack on any extra bundles to the basic price plan such as inclusive minutes, texts and data (shared between the phones on the plan)

Comment

Originally posted by fzbucks
              I was with T-Mobile as was my wife/company secretary - both on perosnal plans

contacted t-mobile and transferred both plans to their business 1 plan which gives 1 bill for as many mobiles as your company wants - you also get free calls unlimited between the mobiles that are on the same account.

Also got a free MDA vario II with satnav bundled

You can tack on any extra bundles to the basic price plan such as inclusive minutes, texts and data (shared between the phones on the plan)
              What plan is that ? I was looking at joining T-Mobile on a web-n-walk plan but they wanted silly money for the Vario II + co-pilot ??

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes
                What plan is that ? I was looking at joining T-Mobile on a web-n-walk plan but they wanted silly money for the Vario II + co-pilot ??
                Haggle a bit - you can probably get it cheaper or free by extending the term of your plan and/or showing them that you can get it for nothing elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes
                  It's called the business 1 plan

I just phoned them up enquiring about the MDA vario II in january - just after they came out

I pay about £90 a month for two contracts and various 'bolt ons'

Comment

Ow thats more than double what I pay, how much do you use your phone ???

Comment

Originally posted by Vito
                      I'm not convinced that it needs to be a business account...the mobile phone is a tax free benefit.

I have a standard consumer tariff with Orange...my name is on the contract and I was the one credit checked, but all bills and communication from orange is addressed to my company and the DD is my companies bank account.
                      if it's your name on the contract and you were the one credit checked, then it is your bill that the company is paying. That sounds like a BIK to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X