• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is there more expensive accountants than SJD?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
    Maxima: if you find out what they charge let me know, also if they are any good on the IR35 front. I'm not in IT so having IT knoweldge not a good one for me.
    No promise but will try. My current contract is on its peak - have a very little time to call...

Comment

Originally posted by simonsjdaccountancy
      Only 2! I never said that. Try:.
      I was reffering to the : "I am aware that we are not the cheapest around (nor indeed the most expensive by a long way - the two other major players charge twice as much as us)." (http://forums.contractoruk.com/threa...expensive.html)

Comment

Originally posted by maxima
        I was reffering to the : "I am aware that we are not the cheapest around (nor indeed the most expensive by a long way - the two other major players charge twice as much as us)." (http://forums.contractoruk.com/threa...expensive.html)
        Yes, but I wasn't saying they were the only ones that charge more than us!
        P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Ok, I'll bite,
          Maxima, why are you looking for expensive accountants ?

Comment

Short story. I believe that two things are very important for accountant - be trustworthy and accurate with numbers and forms.

One is kicked me out without notice. Havent even delivered all the services I paid for. Left my business disabled for few weeks. Say - in opposite to trust (will tell the full story later when get my money refunded - just too busy to make a claim), another one is not organised up to what I want to see from an accountant. Say - not accurate.

I am currently thinking that paying more may help find the perfect one.

Surely I am mistaken. As usual. But I cant give up. I hate to give up.

Comment

Maxima - these cowboys must belong to an accountancy institute of one kind or another.

Gather up your evidence and complain to them...
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Thank you. That what I am actually doing now. Just very busy before deadline.

You will be surprised when I tell the name of the 'cowboy'.

They are members of ACCA. Also any English judge will support my claim on ground of common sence.

I asked to pay back my 150 for opening a company and a bank account which hasnt been completed (the real cost of company formation is 25 quid and bank account I had to do myself - spend half of my working day off. So I lost additional 225 pounds).

Asked to double it for ditching me in the middle of the field without notice.
                To be paid into a charity (guineapig shelter in Cambridgshire).

No answer. But I never give up. Guineapigs need food and medical treatment. Fat scientologs from Shropshire will pay indeed. Will ya!?
                Last edited by maxima; 21 May 2007, 20:50.

Comment

Thats a shed load of old newspaper they could buy.

Comment

Working...
                  X