• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For those in Belgium

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    No, I am planning to leave before I "have" to.
    I was reading up on this last night and it really is quite frustrating this sort of crap. I suppose the reason behind is to flush out what they deem to be 'illegal' workers, though this also includes a lot of the EU for the moment, but anyhting that discourages cross-border competition is probably at the back of their minds.

It is not simplifying admin that is for sure - the prerequisites are incredibly inflexible.

Still, anything that keeps these bleedin foreigners out from nicking our jobs

Comment

I've not done any research on this so feel free to flame if you're so inclined, but...

What happens if,

The end client buys your services through a UK agency/EB?

Do you still need to register?

EDIT: Another question - does it apply if you commute weekly?
      Searching their site now, will post back if I find anything.
      Last edited by Moscow Mule; 11 May 2007, 09:45. Reason: more qs
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Rantor
        It is not simplifying admin that is for sure - the prerequisites are incredibly inflexible.
        One presumes that as this beds in they will be.

The requirement to supply an E101 before you start especially. Getting one of these from the UK BA in less then 3 months is, IME, next to impossble.

tim

Comment

Working...
        X