• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Letter of Intent - enough to get paid?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter of Intent - enough to get paid?

I have a letter of intent from a recruitment agency which states information that falls into the following categories:

CLIENT NAME:
    CLIENT ADDRESS:
    WORKING ADDRESS:
    PROJECT DESCRIPTION:
    CONTRACT START DATE:
    CONTRACT FINISH DATE:
    ESTIMATED TIME TO BE ALLOCATED TO CONTRACT:
    PROJECT (DAILY) RATE:
    PAYMENT SCHEDULE:
    TERMINATION:

The contract hasn't been endorsed yet by the compliance chaps looking after my ltd company, as there may be some IR35 related complications in the agencys T&C's.

I'm currently 4 weeks into the contract and haven't been paid - can I demand payment from the agency, based on the info provided within their letter of intent? Where do I legally stand? Any advice would be much appreciated

I forgot to mention that the recruitment agency is refusing to pay becuase the contract hasn't been endorsed/signed yet

Comment

There is an argument (that is valid) that you have accepted the terms of the contract simply by starting.

And no, I wouldn't expect the agency to pay you until they have a signed contract.

And now they have you over a barrel as you have started.

Comment

Yep, you're stuffed. If the contract you've accepted by starting includes a clause you only get paid on Feb 29th every 5th year, then that's when you get paid.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
        X