• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Changing accountants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing accountants

How hard is it to change accountants? My accountant is supposed to do all my payroll/books/vat for his £90 per month and I've just been told that my VAT is not going to be ready before the weekend, meaning that I will incurr more charges - got the 15% vat surcharge last month, so this one would be bigger. I only found this out because I had to call them rather than them calling me. This has been the last straw with this guy. Now I'm going to have to drive into town and get all the stuff they have had since Monday and do the VAT myself.

Are there any recommendations as to good ones to go with. I'm happy to pay more if I were to get a better service.

To change, what info do I have to provide?
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Simple. You appoint a new accountant and tell him the name of the old one. He then does all the work - it is a statutory requirement for both sides to cooperate.

I trust you will be removing your penalty costs from your ex-accountants fees?
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I've just been to his office and he has promised to have the VAT done by the end of today. By the the end of the next quarter he will not be my accountant. Had I not called his office then my VAT would not have been done - although he disputes this.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

If you got a 15% vat surcharge last month then why are you doing it this month. VAT is quaterly.

Comment

"If you got a 15% vat surcharge last month then why are you doing it this month. VAT is quaterly."

Well spotted! I do it quarterly like everybody. What I meant was that he managed to get me a fine last qtr

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
          X