• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PAYE salary through Prosperity4 for £50 one off fee

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAYE salary through Prosperity4 for £50 one off fee

hello all,

I'm a first timer contractor whos just got a contract and looking to find out how the hell to pay myself.

I've read about limited companies and umbrellas etc and laughed at and been appaulled at the same time by the abuse people are getting on here for asking stupid questions but im gonna ask anyhow as im still none the wiser about what id be best off doing.

basically im one of those people who ive heard alot of this board saying - you should f**k off and go back to being permant if your not a professional capable of running your own business. Fair play. Point taken. But the fact is that I cant really be ar*sed. i couldnt care less about businesses. I like working in IT and im good at it but im not an accountant, have no head for figures at all.

so with that said i spoke to prosperity4 about using them as an umbrella and was shocked that they wanted 6% of my gross and due to the fact that i will have pretty much no real expenses to claim to talk of they told me (to thier credit) it wasnt worth it for me to do that. However they said that i could just do PAYE through my agency (but they dont offer this unfortunately) or through them for a one off fee of 50 quid.

Now that sounds to me like a deal. Get the contract wages and all of the hassle free paid once a month easy life of a permie.

is anyone using this service?

cheers,

bman

- sitting back enjoying the ride

PAYE/Umbrella was made for people that dont want to run thier own company. Not using thier service but PAYE is all pretty much the same. Is that £50 a month or one off?

Comment

Be warned that P4 are the brolly most likely to come up if you search from horror stories about brollies... (allegedly - I've also heard they're litigious)
      Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

The reason people who say they can't be arsed get sledged is becasue they can't be arsed, yet expect to get the tax breaks. You are at least honest enough not to want them either and are happy with a PAYE position, so fine, go use an umbrella since that is exactly what they're for.

But it is a measure of the quality of your research that you've picked P4...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

6% of the fee is a joke charge for a brolly.

You should be looking to pay around 15 pound per week, with NO minimum charge.

tim

Comment

I've joined Go Umbrella recently and they have a special deal on at present at £10 per week and so far so good.Worth a look at, but I would be interested if prosperity4 are going to charge £50 one off fee for processing payments .

Comment

Originally posted by bman
              hello all,

I'm a first timer contractor whos just got a contract and looking to find out how the hell to pay myself.

I've read about limited companies and umbrellas etc and laughed at and been appaulled at the same time by the abuse people are getting on here for asking stupid questions but im gonna ask anyhow as im still none the wiser about what id be best off doing.

basically im one of those people who ive heard alot of this board saying - you should f**k off and go back to being permant if your not a professional capable of running your own business. Fair play. Point taken. But the fact is that I cant really be ar*sed. i couldnt care less about businesses. I like working in IT and im good at it but im not an accountant, have no head for figures at all.

so with that said i spoke to prosperity4 about using them as an umbrella and was shocked that they wanted 6% of my gross and due to the fact that i will have pretty much no real expenses to claim to talk of they told me (to thier credit) it wasnt worth it for me to do that. However they said that i could just do PAYE through my agency (but they dont offer this unfortunately) or through them for a one off fee of 50 quid.

Now that sounds to me like a deal. Get the contract wages and all of the hassle free paid once a month easy life of a permie.

is anyone using this service?

cheers,

bman

- sitting back enjoying the ride

Any umbrella company has to pay you through PAYE - I cannot see what is being offered here that you would not normally receive
              Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by tim123
                6% of the fee is a joke charge for a brolly.

You should be looking to pay around 15 pound per week, with NO minimum charge.

tim
                I can't believe they still have the cheek to try and charge 6% ! Do they actually charge anybody that much ?

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall
                  I can't believe they still have the cheek to try and charge 6% ! Do they actually charge anybody that much ?
                  To someone on 8 pound per hour, 15 pound a week is about 6%.

And yes, there probably are people who earn 8 pound per hour working through brollies.

tim

Comment

Join Parasol they have been around for years and has not been affected by the new legislation.

They charge me a set fee and I can claim expenses wich go to my tax relief. Always there to give me good service answering my calls.

Once I had a problem but they managed to solvet almost there and then. Try them!!

Comment

Working...
                    X