• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Extra charge for self assessment "extra pages" by Intouch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extra charge for self assessment "extra pages" by Intouch

I've been with Intouch for several years. A few days ago I submitted my self-assessment (yes I'm very late), I have property that I have to declare income. After I submitted I was informed I would charged £30+VAT for extra pages. This is new......

Depends what is in the contract with them. Can't see a problem if they state they'll submit SA based on details from your company accounts. Any other aspects that require extra time spent would be chargeable doesn't seem unreasonable but you should check your contract carefully for what the base offering is and you should point out anything above and beyond basic contractor accounting with them first. Pretty sure I've been charged for SA in the past so wouldn't be a surprise to me.

That said, there has been a bit of noise about InTouch over the years. Not sure who owns them now, weren't they bought by Brookson but it appears they went down the SJD route of charging for everything and a growing number of complaints of the years. I've took them off the accountants recommendations due to the growing noise. Fairly typical of a small accountancy taken over by a larger body possibly?

If they have started following a very corporate model like SJD you could be charged for everything. SJD actually started charging people for SA and end year accountancy done early at one point. A couple of people needed it early for mortgage applications and the like and got landed with a bill for it. If that's the way Intouch has gone then yes it's quite expected that you'll get charged for the slightest thing that's not 'normal'.

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X