• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New gig sold as outside IR35 - how to make sure this is the case ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by philgo View Post

And I can confirm it's sticky after reading the ESM10010 again and again. Not sticky regarding autonomy as I clearly will have no supervision neither control.

The main concern is the consultancy company trying to make this work as a contracted out service whereas I will be mainly interacting with its end client and this would in fact make it my end client. So I should therefore request SDS chapter 10 blablabla...
    Contractually it "might" work but that's all. In practice reading ESM10010 examples I'm not convinced anymore.

That was a good learning curve in less than 2 days.
    Wait until they give you some company teeshirts, fleeces what have you and tell you represent yourself as part and parcel of the consultancy. Then you are screwed.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Wait until they give you some company teeshirts, fleeces what have you and tell you represent yourself as part and parcel of the consultancy. Then you are screwed.
      I always refuse to wear company s** clothing/stuff... So no issue on this side anyway. And doubt they have anything anyway since company size might be less than 10 people.....

Comment

Working...
      X