• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 CEST tool help :(

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post

fill it in, send them (client) the answers, and ask them to confirm that they agree
    Make sure you ask them to confirm. If you fill it in wrong, the client doesn't bother checking and then there is a disagreement further down the line the client is going to try pin it on you. I mean I'm guessing here but if you fill it in wrong, they don't check and then give you an incorrect SDS they'll be on the hook should the worst happen and if your answer is the one that breaks the system they'll try and pass the buck.

Absolutely no idea if that's what will happen but the responsibility to ask questions which could invalidate the SDS doesn't sit comfortably with me. Probably overthinking it as usual but a few minutes to apply the proper diligence will be worth it. Who knows what could happen in this area further down the line.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Make sure you ask them to confirm. If you fill it in wrong, the client doesn't bother checking and then there is a disagreement further down the line the client is going to try pin it on you. I mean I'm guessing here but if you fill it in wrong, they don't check and then give you an incorrect SDS they'll be on the hook should the worst happen and if your answer is the one that breaks the system they'll try and pass the buck.

Absolutely no idea if that's what will happen but the responsibility to ask questions which could invalidate the SDS doesn't sit comfortably with me. Probably overthinking it as usual but a few minutes to apply the proper diligence will be worth it. Who knows what could happen in this area further down the line.
      Hence why both JB and I advocate for getting a signature on it.

Comment

Thanks for helping guys, I never got to see what they put on their end . I just wanted to get it complete. I'm deemed outside so look like I just have to suck it on it until it goes pear shaped . I never like did like pear drops

Comment

Working...
        X