• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not Getting Paid for First Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeritageActParsons View Post
    Technically I wasn’t credit checked on the first day so client doesn’t have to pay me but don’t quite understand how the contract paperwork was signed in that case. Anyway, will have to take it on the chin I guess
    Contract is the agreement around the engagement and terms. It's not linked to eligibility to work or get paid. It's just one of a number of documents that might include NDA's, credit checks, security checks etc etc. You can agree the work even if the other steps aren't taken. Not ideal to have it signed and a start date set when the other stuff isn't done to be fair but not unusual.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

FFS its Gricer. Total waste of time again.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X