• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Restoration vs New Company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company Restoration vs New Company

Last contracted in August 2020 before going perm as part of a start up I was interested getting involved in. Dissolved the contracting company in August 2021. Fast forward to today and its not gone well and I am looking to good back to contracting (should never have walked away lol).

I only had £2k left in the business at the time of closing so no real barriers to going back - its not like I got a huge tax break closing the company I would need to worry about.

Just working out if restoring the old company is the best bet or starting a new LTD is easier.

I have all the company letter heads / domain etc for the old company so a bit simpler....

Whats the thoughts ? Good idea / Bad idea or makes no difference ?

Seeing as you can be up and running in a matter of minutes for a few quid by registering a company at Companies House website, I wouldn't give it a minutes consideration. Last time I registered a new company, within half an hour of registration I had the certificate of incorporation and articles as pdf in my in box. It literally takes just a few minutes to set up a new company.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

As I understand it you can register the new limited company with the same name as the dissolved company (unless someone else has registered a company with that name in the meantime), so the new company would have the same name but a different company number.

Comment

Originally posted by PurelyBlue View Post
        As I understand it you can register the new limited company with the same name as the dissolved company (unless someone else has registered a company with that name in the meantime), so the new company would have the same name but a different company number.
        Yes, if you fill in the proposed company name, the website will tell you if it's available or not.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Just wanted to say thank for the advice - sorry for the late reply - had a lot to sort this week.

Comment

Working...
          X