• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Working with former clients

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working with former clients

Hi all,

During last months I have created my own company and one of my former clients reached out to me looking for help. They need my service to maintain and amend the project I used to work on while hired by my former employer.

I did sign a no dealing post employment and no solicitation parts in the contract, however, it doesn't state what do I risk.

I know it doesn't sound great but it might be a one in a lifetime possibility to put my foot into this large company which has hundreds of projects each year. I would never reach out, but since they did..

Looking for advice. My former employer will hardly be able to support this project for various reasons.

Could you quote the relevant part of the contract? In particular, is this a lifetime commitment or just for a limited time? E.g. recruitment agencies often say that you can't go direct to the same client for 6 months after your contract finishes.

Comment

Working...
    X