• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone else not been paid for a few weeks?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Yup. I'm on that and was last contract as well.
    Perhaps for office temps and so on - real supplier companies work to something closer to a monthly/quarterly cycle. Who'd need it more often?
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post

Those are rather tight terms! What's the situation now?
      Paid today for four weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

Paid today for four weeks.
        Great news

did they explain what happened in the end?

⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Great news

did they explain what happened in the end?
          No.

Comment

Perhaps for office temps and so on - real supplier companies work to something closer to a monthly/quarterly cycle. Who'd need it more often?
            Real supplier companies

Comment

...and they have missed another week.

Since the start of the tax year only a single payment was made on the correct date. This time payment got 'stuck' in their system. The same thing happened to my colleague as well.

Comment

...and I have just been called to discuss missing payments...

...and they called the wrong person and started discussing details of another contractor who is missing payments....

Comment

Don't wait for them to give you the signal to start job searching. Make sure you have a plan B you can turn down.
                  ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
                    ...and I have just been called to discuss missing payments...

...and they called the wrong person and started discussing details of another contractor who is missing payments....
                    You can't write it

Comment

Hello, I have started a contract on 1st of JULY but I haven't been paid yet a singe penny
                      The recruiter from the Agency told me that invoices are usually paid on last Friady of each month, so normally I should have been paid the July time on AUG 26
                      How normal is this? It's my first contract and my first invoice, so I don't have any experience of how things work and what is normal and what is not, so I don't know what my proper actions would be
                      Any advice?

Comment

Working...
                      X