• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting a mortgage as a contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigLadFromBeeston666 View Post
    Writing an update lest some poor soul use the search function in the future and end up here.

I used Freelancer Financials who got me a mortgage offer quickly. The chap gave solid advice, and was clearly knowledgable about the market and different lenders.

The loan amount they were able to secure solely from my day rate was a real eye opener. Far more I had been given going down the more conventional routes I mentioned ealier.

As an example, when I went directly to Nationwide they refused to offer me anything over £200k. With Freelancer Financials I could take the mortgage beyond £800k+.

i'm tight, but even I must admit they were worth the money in the end - if only for sheer speed, and ease of mortgage acquisition.
    Useful, thank you for the update!

Comment

Always nice to have a happy ending!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Always nice to have a happy ending!
        Checks board

Not General

Deletes comment

Comment

Originally posted by BigLadFromBeeston666 View Post
          As an example, when I went directly to Nationwide they refused to offer me anything over £200k. With Freelancer Financials I could take the mortgage beyond £800k+.

I'm pretty sure that figure is just a soft calculation and wouldn't necessarily be backed up by underwriters when it came down to applying. Happy to be proven wrong.
          ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
          X