• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Savings Account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ensignia View Post

That's not bad. 2.5% for the fixed term one as well. I have a rather large surplus in the company coffers and am tempted to bung a load in although that FSCS hard-stop always makes me nervous...
    Particularly with Aldermore. Their 4 hour ‘faster payments’ always leave me wondering if they could truly handle a run on the bank.
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post

Particularly with Aldermore. Their 4 hour ‘faster payments’ always leave me wondering if they could truly handle a run on the bank.
      If you think they're bad, try Shawbrook or Kent Reliance... it's next day (although, TBF, they don't promise anything different). It's surprising how few business savings accounts implement truly fast, fast payments - Virgin Money does, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

If you think they're bad, try Shawbrook or Kent Reliance... it's next day (although, TBF, they don't promise anything different). It's surprising how few business savings accounts implement truly fast, fast payments - Virgin Money does, for example.
        Yep. Well, even Virgin's has 10-15 minutes in it some days. Shawbrook terribly slow, I'd hate to need to get money from any of these in an emergency
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Recognise Business savings account is also good..paying 3% and good part is they do increase interest rate within a week of BoE announcement...

Comment

Originally posted by patel View Post
            Recognise Business savings account is also good..paying 3% and good part is they do increase interest rate within a week of BoE announcement...
            That's their 95 day notice acc. Their easy access is still 2% as far as I can see.

Comment

Originally posted by patel View Post
              Still with dodgy pay-in methods - i.e. everyone pays into the same account and they apportion out the funds based on reference data. Not doing that with my business's cash!
              ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post

Still with dodgy pay-in methods - i.e. everyone pays into the same account and they apportion out the funds based on reference data. Not doing that with my business's cash!
                Ok grandpa! As others have pointed out....

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

This is extremely widespread among smaller institutions. In other words, your “red flag” is total nonsense. They are actually better than most in terms of their online offering. No issues to report, would recommend (up to the FSCS limit, obvs.).

Comment

Never heard of recognise bank. Lots of new banking companies. Rate of 2.96% monthly seems quite good. Unfortunately most of them don't have Freeagent feeds including Investec. Investec is offering only 1.75 but no feed. Virgin money has some FA feeds but the interest is 1.51. They have some good rates on term deposits.
                  https://uk.virginmoney.com/business/...vings-account/

Comment

Originally posted by pkm View Post
                    Never heard of recognise bank. Lots of new banking companies. Rate of 2.96% monthly seems quite good. Unfortunately most of them don't have Freeagent feeds including Investec. Investec is offering only 1.75 but no feed. Virgin money has some FA feeds but the interest is 1.51. They have some good rates on term deposits.
                    https://uk.virginmoney.com/business/...vings-account/
                    FWIW, VM is offering 2%.

edit: actually, that is only for existing customers, otherwise 1.51% as you say.

Comment

As an aside, Cater Allen have a very good 35-day notice account offering 2.85%.

Comment

Working...
                      X