• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Savings Account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's October 2022. Inflation is 10%, base rates are 2.25%, mortgages 6.5%, personal accounts are offering instant access savings at 2.75%....

...are there any advances on 1.5% for businesses yet?

Comment

Yes, 2% with the bank you were struggling with above.

Comment

How about banks that don't bar companies which have earned interest elsewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by ittony View Post
          How about banks that don't bar companies which have earned interest elsewhere?
          They don't, obviously.

Comment

Maybe they don't, but they quite unambiguously say they do - and that's pretty off-putting.

Comment

Anyway, this is something you can check yourself.

I use this for business savings tables:

https://moneyfacts.co.uk/business/bu...ings-accounts/

When selecting a type, uncheck the box "show quick links first" (top right), which is basically the subset they're promoting for a fee.

Comment

I imagine this might become more of a topic as rates continue to rise.

Would any interest earned on a balance count as revenue for the LTD and just get tax at the corp tax rate?

Comment

Originally posted by dl8860 View Post
                  I imagine this might become more of a topic as rates continue to rise.

Would any interest earned on a balance count as revenue for the LTD and just get tax at the corp tax rate?
                  Yes.

Comment

Aldermore now doing 2% easy access.
                    An easy £141 a month for anyone depositing up to the FSCS protection limit
                    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                      Aldermore now doing 2% easy access.
                      An easy £141 a month for anyone depositing up to the FSCS protection limit
                      That's not bad. 2.5% for the fixed term one as well. I have a rather large surplus in the company coffers and am tempted to bung a load in although that FSCS hard-stop always makes me nervous...

Comment

Working...
                      X