• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

VAT return Flat Rate Filling in the boxes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VAT return Flat Rate Filling in the boxes

Hi,

Just filling in my vat return based on flat rate.

Bit confused as I was told that in box 6, I need to put the figure in of my total revenue 'INCLUDING VAT'. However the text next to box 6 states 'Total value of sale and all other outputs EXCLUDING vat'.

Anyone clarify ?

Originally posted by Ivor1
    Hi,

Just filling in my vat return based on flat rate.

Bit confused as I was told that in box 6, I need to put the figure in of my total revenue 'INCLUDING VAT'. However the text next to box 6 states 'Total value of sale and all other outputs EXCLUDING vat'.

Anyone clarify ?
    Answer yes it is the right figure the one inclusive of VAT

Comment

insert the total value of all your invoices (gross) for that quarter and round it to the nearest pound.

Comment

Its another fabulously unhelpful form from our friends at the revenue.

If you are flat rate registered then you INCLUDE VAT (at 17.5%) when calculating your total output sales for box 6.

Then you apply the flat rate to this total figure when calculating how much VAT you pay.
        Plan A is located just about here.
        If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Comment

Back Date Tax MSC

posted in error

Comment

Working...
          X