• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Invoicing client for expenses - VAT added?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invoicing client for expenses - VAT added?

Client is confusing me here....

Even if the items on the expenses are zero VAT rated (as I understand train fares are) then you still add VAT to the invoice for expenses?
    Client paid my first one now is saying no to VAT.

But then, since I'm flat rate VAT registered I'd have to pay that on any incoming invoices, so I'd lost out?

I am right? VAT is added in any case?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Life is confusing me here....
    As would appear to be the normal stuation.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Client is confusing me here....

Even if the items on the expenses are zero VAT rated (as I understand train fares are) then you still add VAT to the invoice for expenses?
      Client paid my first one now is saying no to VAT.

But then, since I'm flat rate VAT registered I'd have to pay that on any incoming invoices, so I'd lost out?

I am right? VAT is added in any case?
      Yes, you should charge VAT at the same rate as you do for the services you provide. It's not even should but must.

Comment

This has only been asked about 100 times in the last ten years. Have you been asleep?
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
        X