• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Avoiding Wise USD conversion fees?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avoiding Wise USD conversion fees?

So my yankee war chest is starting to grow, but to move it into my GBP account I must incur a conversation fee from Wise. I had an idea, though. Would it be practical to open a USDC or Tether wallet, buy some Eth/Btc/Doge/cumrocket or whatever and sell that as GBP? Curious, I doubt I'm the first to think of something like this. FA might throw a hissy fit though but surely I can create a matching invoice to compensate. Thoughts?

Originally posted by ApeShape View Post
    So my yankee war chest is starting to grow, but to move it into my GBP account I must incur a conversation fee from Wise. I had an idea, though. Would it be practical to open a USDC or Tether wallet, buy some Eth/Btc/Doge/cumrocket or whatever and sell that as GBP? Curious, I doubt I'm the first to think of something like this. FA might throw a hissy fit though but surely I can create a matching invoice to compensate. Thoughts?
    (Ignoring any potential issues here regarding your company funds investing in crypto and turning it into an investment company)

What are the charges in doing this? Are they less than the Wise fee?

How long would it take? Are you willing to accept the risk that a volatile currency could lose a significant % between the purchase and sell transactions?

Comment

Working...
    X