• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Irish Contractor For UK Client - IR35?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irish Contractor For UK Client - IR35?

I'm currently living and contracting in Ireland and have recently been offered a handsomely paid remote contract with a UK-based client, but am slightly put off with all this IR35 malarkey.

Am I right in saying that I can simply ignore IR35? I would be paying my taxes in Ireland as it is fully remote from Dublin and would be using my Irish Ltd company. The client would be using Hays Ireland as the agency so I will be paid in Euros etc. Obviously IR35 means absolutely nothing in Ireland so I can't see how it would be relevant, but would like the advice of more knowledgeable folk.
    Last edited by DaaaaaaaaaaN; 16 October 2021, 23:36.

What did Hays Ireland say? They must know the score here so I'd be asking them their opinion on it first.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If you are not UK tax resident and all of the work is performed outside the UK, there is no liability to UK tax and hence no liability to IR35 as an anti-avoidance mechanism (you are avoiding nothing). The legislation does not create any new liability to UK tax, one must exist.

Comment

Working...
      X