• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

24Months - 40% Onsite Rule

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24Months - 40% Onsite Rule

Hello!!

is he 40% rule applicable for customer or for employees? Could I stay onsite for two years and then my colleague could do the same for the others two years if I go to another site?

Thank you!!

Originally posted by MikeBaco78 View Post
    Hello!!

is he 40% rule applicable for customer or for employees? Could I stay onsite for two years and then my colleague could do the same for the others two years if I go to another site?

Thank you!!
    Boy you ask a lot of questions that would take a few minutes to google. You'd also learn more if you read up on it.

The 24 month rule has been covered a million times on here. Use the google search method by typing something like '24 month rule site:forums.contractoruk.com' in to google...

Or just search for 24 month rule using a normal google search. There are a ton of guides on it. Just understanding the basics of what it is will answer your question. The first result explains what it is and answers your question.

The 24 month rule is a regulation introduced by HMRC that attempts to clarify a worker's right to claim travel and subsistence expenses. The key factor for determining tax relief status within the 24 month rule lies in two different classifications of workplace.
    So which do you think it is?

Also, as with all your questions it's a little more complex than that. There is the point about 'expecting to be on site' which could be an issue for your situation and so on so best if you research the 24 month rule and understand it so you can apply all the complexities to your situation rather than us guess at an answer that might change with your next comment.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 28 September 2021, 00:39.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X