• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency Only Offers PAYE - No Umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASB View Post

If you pay into a pension privately then you get an automatic base rate credit.

So pay in 80 and your contribution becomes 100.
    So if I want to put in 40k I only need to pay my SIPP provider 32k and they will get the other 8k from HMRC? That's much better than waiting for SATR, I have written to ask the SIPP company about this.

Comment

Originally posted by breaktwister View Post

So if I want to put in 40k I only need to pay my SIPP provider 32k and they will get the other 8k from HMRC? That's much better than waiting for SATR, I have written to ask the SIPP company about this.
      this thread has picked up some bad maths along the way.

Point 1 (not about the maths) - for these sort of sums speak to an IFA.......

Point 2 - If you are a 20% tax payer, and pay £32k personally into your pension, the sum in the pension will be £38.4k (not £40k).
      20% of £40k is £8k. 20% of £32k is £6.4k

See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
      X