• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving from inside to outside IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chris424uk View Post

Appreciate the wise words - I've been contracting for a couple of years already, so not brand new to contracting itself..
    So how did you get IR35 so completely wrong? I've seen some daft stuff said about IR35 but I've never seen paying your taxes being one of them?

One thing I did want to ask was, the agency/recruiter asked me to complete a questionnaire from Kingsbridge (an IR35 assessment) - a lot of the questions looking to establish how much of an 'employee' I will be within the role (i.e. will I attend team meetings, use their work laptops, be based in their main building, etc.) I answered this as truthfully as I could, with limited detail on exactly how the role will play out as we've yet to get into a lot of the contractual details. Just wondering if anyone is familiar with this questionnaire and what its purpose is? Is it to cover the recruiters ass to say they've 'done their bit' or is this going to determine my status for me?
    I've yet to experience this but I do hate this approach. Most contractors haven't a clue what IR35 is and have even less clue what the working practices of a contract they haven't even started yet so what is the point of doing this questionnaire. It's so flawed.

It is to help with a determination but they should be asking the client what the expectation of the role is, not what the individual contractor says. It's possible you could answer it and be outside, someone else could answer it and it's inside but neither determination is what the client really wants.

I don't understand why this is still going on except for someone to be making money off the back of it, which I guess is the real answer.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

As I said earlier, I've been inside IR35 and through an umbrella company, so never had to deal with any of this stuff, including needing to learn about IR35. I plan on doing more research and read through the lists on the right for example.

Comment

Working...
      X