• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MVL Company recommendations?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MVL Company recommendations?

Anyone had any positive experiences with any particular company?

Shopping around and fixed fee seems to be £995 plus vat. Anyone found any lower or does level of service deteriorate?

There's heaps of threads on this forum about such companies. Did none of those give you anything useful?

Comment

MVLOnline without a doubt, regardless of price. You want it done properly don't you? Chris is a contractor accountant so knows everything about that side and is also part of MVO so knows all about the other side. He regularly posts on here with solid, no nonsense advice. A couple of our more senior posters, and I believe one of the moderators, have used them.

I'd also add he's as tight as a gnats chuff, to the point of possibly being an honorary Yorkshireman, so doesn't do referrals. The recommendation isn't tied to any kickbacks.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I'd also add he respects ethical rules which prevent liquidators paying finders fees/commissions, so doesn't do referral discounts/payments. The recommendation isn't tied to any kickbacks.
        FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post

FTFY
          Mehhhh

But kudos for doing so.

Comment

There are loads of threads indeed, but with the latest bout of IR35 induced MVL's, i was looking for more current feedback!

Anyone used Frost Group? They use the 'distribution in specie' route and all funds on day 1, and seem well priced..

Comment

Originally posted by allthingsmustpass View Post
              There are loads of threads indeed, but with the latest bout of IR35 induced MVL's, i was looking for more current feedback!

Anyone used Frost Group? They use the 'distribution in specie' route and all funds on day 1, and seem well priced..
              You need to try doing a search to see if they have been mentioned before. There are at least two threads started asking if anyone has used them

Type the following in to google and every thread mentioning them (and there are a few) will pop up.

frost group site:forums.contractoruk.com/accounting-legal

https://www.google.com/search?q=fros...4dUDCA4&uact=5

Comment

Originally posted by allthingsmustpass View Post
                There are loads of threads indeed, but reading them is too much effort so I'd like the opportunity to make the same mistakes that others have.

FTFY
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Have used the Frost Group recently for referrals (no commission).

£850 + VAT for their Bronze service.

Like the fact you don't have to send the company funds to them. They are paid out prior to being placed into liquidation.

Comment

Working...
                  X