• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A UK national, living in France, contracting to a UK company remotely - possible?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A UK national, living in France, contracting to a UK company remotely - possible?

I retired to France in 2020 having been an IT contractor for several years. However I am now being invited to work for a UK company remotely. I am registered for French tax but am not yet up to speed on the post Brexit situation.
    I'm not intending to set up companies to handle this - just act as an independent contractor on a day rate.
    Has anyone else done something similar and can offer any advice please?
    Thanks

Yes, you can live in France and contract to a UK company, so long as the UK company (or agency) is happy paying a French invoice. There may be some VAT complexities, and of course you must comply with French law. You will be liable to pay tax in the France only.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Yes, you can live in France and contract to a UK company.....
      That's great - thanks for the info. Off to do some proper research.

Comment

Working...
      X