• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Trying to help a friend out with employment law

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

I went to a very posh restaurant in Davos with my wife for our anniversery a few years ago. Our meal cost £250. The sommalier was visibly upset when we declined wine. (I was teetotal then) - still it was £10 for a litre of water. Probably with the carafe filled from the stream outside the restaurant.
    I'm sure the OP will find this an exceedingly useful boast, sorry, post.
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

Comment

You think it's a boast? INKSPE.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

You think it's a boast? INKSPE.
        '/bəʊst/
        Learn to pronounce
        verb
        1. 1.
          talk with excessive pride and self-satisfaction about one's achievements, possessions, or abilities.
          "she boasted about her many conquests" ' - certainly, like all your boasts, sorry, posts.

Comment

He looks in a mirror, reflects on his own indequacies and failings, and then posts. Do try to stop projecting.

If someone wants a £250 meal, it's easy to do. You assume, because you're a well balanced individual*, that I eat like that every day. However, I don't think it's worth it. I prefer plain and simple.

* A chip on both shoulders.

Comment

He looks in a mirror, reflects on his own indequacies and failings, and then posts. Do try to stop projecting.

If someone wants a £250 meal, it's easy to do. You assume, because you're a well balanced individual*, that I eat like that every day. However, I don't think it's worth it. I prefer plain and simple.

* A chip on both shoulders.
            I don't 'assume' anything other than that you Love crowing about your 'wunderbar' expat life in Basel at every opportunity. <and usually off topic to boot, like now.>
            I lived/worked there for over two years. not the worst place i've ever been, but full of expats like you, unfotunately.

Comment

Very funny. Well done!

Comment

Very funny. Well done!
                boom, boom! herr brush

Comment

Working...
                X