• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Importing from EU countries

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a personal question for a personal purchase. Many UK stockists are short of these goods and I'm resorting to purchasing from the EU as a last resort, with no other choice remaining.

Sounds like FedEx may be one of the more expensive from the US.

The lack of transparency of charges seems crazy, there should be a calculator and clear costs described on each website. I want to know their own range of charges. I may have to gamble and just choose between two companies, as DHL are the most expensive and they said so on the phone. What I see now are companies trying to make it as difficult as possible to calculate the total cost of an item.

Take an item at £500: cost of item, shipping charges, then VAT on the total amount of that, then admit fees from the delivery company and other handling fees that may or may not be rolled into the VAT cost.

They are essentially stating: don't buy from things from the EU, as the cost is currently incalculable.

Comment

Working...
    X