• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Directors Loans and BIK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Why do you care about client confidentiality?
    Accountants aren't known for sharing what is probably really dull information about people, just because they're not a paying customer.
    It would be bad for business.
    In breach of their professional obligations.
    And quite possibly illegal depending on the details.

Those three things will keep them schtum a lot more than you paying them £100 a month.
    Thanks. When I change Accountant who do I need to inform? Or will the Accountant deal with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Isotope View Post
      Thanks. When I change Accountant who do I need to inform? Or will the Accountant deal with that?
      You should send an email to both new and old accountants confirming the change and giving authorisation to the outgoing accountant to provide any and all information the new accountant requires in order to take over.

Then leave them to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Isotope View Post
        Thanks. I am meeting / well calling some Accountants next week. In the initial meeting should I tell them everything or wait till afterwards? During the initial meeting I am not his client so where does client confidentiality fall?

I have only ever had one accountant.
        Just get on with it. You are making mountain of a molehill. Changing accounts is common and they will all be very well versed on it. I would mention it straight off the bat as its something you need to get cleared up quick. To them your question is pretty trivial and I'd be surprised if they didn't give you the answer in the same call.

Stop dithering and do it.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X