• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Non Uk Tax Resident And Dividend Tax Removes Personal Allowance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ContractorPL View Post
    Lecyclist - if I want to follow option "as resident" (UK dividend tax + personal allowance), I still don't need to take into account my non-UK income for my UK self assessment , correct?
    I probably speak for most on here when I say "Good God! Pay £300 quid to a decent tax accountant in your home country to sort this out, you're making £50K in rental, you have income in your home country and you are taking UK dividends"

The potential for loss getting this wrong is huge, and any half decent accountant with multi-national tax experience could sort this for you in a couple of hours, and probably fins allowances you didn't know about that more than covers their fee

Comment

Originally posted by oilboil View Post
      I probably speak for most on here when I say "Good God! Pay £300 quid to a decent tax accountant in your home country to sort this out, you're making £50K in rental, you have income in your home country and you are taking UK dividends"

The potential for loss getting this wrong is huge, and any half decent accountant with multi-national tax experience could sort this for you in a couple of hours, and probably fins allowances you didn't know about that more than covers their fee
      Having spoken to a few accountants you would be surprised at how little they know about UK tax optimisations never mind Europe wide uk tax optimisations -

Not joking that when I wanted clarification on CGT for non Uk tax residents I was quoted 5K for a simple review

Comment

Working...
      X