• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank mistake to MY benefit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank mistake to MY benefit

Anyone have experience of this?

Whilst rationalising my bank accounts I transferred some cash from one bank to another. The value was not huge but enough to buy a small cheap second hand car!

The issue is that the amount was credited to the receiving bank twice, but only taken out of the sending bank once. I had only asked for the transfer to be made once. The money was definately credited twice because it is showing as a cleared balance and I have since moved it into a savings account.

So the questions are... Will they find out? Should I keep quiet? What would Jesus do?!

This happened to me once. After about a day, they negated the additional payment with another. Surprised they didnt notice this at the end of the day tho

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN
      Anyone have experience of this?

Whilst rationalising my bank accounts I transferred some cash from one bank to another. The value was not huge but enough to buy a small cheap second hand car!

The issue is that the amount was credited to the receiving bank twice, but only taken out of the sending bank once. I had only asked for the transfer to be made once. The money was definately credited twice because it is showing as a cleared balance and I have since moved it into a savings account.

So the questions are... Will they find out? Should I keep quiet? What would Jesus do?!

It is not yours and you know it is not yours. Inform them of their mistake, if they require you to fix it then bill em for your time.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

At school we used to sing "Finders Keepers, Losers Weepers"

Comment

Sit on it for a while.... see what happens. You may get a bit of interest out of it at least.
          -------------
          Cactus

Comment

Don't spend it. When they realise the mistake (they will one day) they will deduct it without warning, which at best might just screw up your projections at worst might put you seriously OD and with all the related charges attached

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise
              Don't spend it. When they realise the mistake (they will one day) they will deduct it without warning, which at best might just screw up your projections at worst might put you seriously OD and with all the related charges attached
              Ditto

My mate did this, now lives abroad and moves house regularly, wonder why he does that?!
              Macs are glorified Fisher-Price activity centres for adults

Comment

Originally posted by BrollyBabe
                Ditto

My mate did this, now lives abroad and moves house regularly, wonder why he does that?!
                Wow, he must have got a bundle! This mistake is for a few thousand quid but I wouldn't live life running from the bank for it!

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN

I've a feeling that that crazy cat Jesus would have bought himself a load of Ketamine and gone on a 3 day bender with the disciples.
                  Call the cops

Comment

this did this once to a guy i use to know when i was at school.
                    They accidently put £12,000 into his account.

He was happy, and being a moron he put a FREEZE on his account so no money went in or out.

After about 2 weeks the money had just vanished from his account.
                    Keep it clean!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X