• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Certify Documents against Originals

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    No.

Civil Servants are, by definition, permanently employed by the Crown: in practice they are ultimately working for a Minister of the Crown.

That excludes the Armed Forces, the Police, Local Authorities, the Health Service, Parliament and - perhaps a little counter-intuitively - the Monarch.

HTH...
    Yep. Approx 8% of public sector employees are civil servants.

Comment

Some people are no fun.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Some people are no fun.
        yeh, and they're all on here

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Yep. Approx 8% of public sector employees are civil servants.
          They'll be the ones working out of Central government departments then. Not my definition but the official one from the CSI (no, not that CSI).

But if it makes you happy
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

They'll be the ones working out of Central government departments then. Not my definition but the official one from the CSI (no, not that CSI).

But if it makes you happy
            I was agreeing with you.

Unfortunately we lack the French language different terms for yes "si" (disagreeing with somebody's "no") and "oui" (agreeing with somebody even if they said "no" IIRC), so I can see that my "yep" was ambiguous.
            Last edited by Old Greg; 26 August 2020, 08:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              I was agreeing with you.

Unfortunately we lack the French language different terms for yes "si" (disagreeing with somebody's "no") and "oui" (agreeing with somebody even if they said "no" IIRC), so I can see that my "yep" was ambiguous.
              Ah yes (sic), I see what you mean. Sorry.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Ah yes (sic), I see what you mean. Sorry.
                No problem.

Comment

Working...
                X