• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help : Compulsory strike-off : Income Tax Filing for Director

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help : Compulsory strike-off : Income Tax Filing for Director

My ltd company has been dissolved via compulsory strike-off in AUG 2019 and i do not intend to reinstate the company or start trading again.

I want to understand the below points:

1) If there are any VAT and CT payable to HMRC, Do i have to pay them now or in future? Will the HMRC chase me for them. I have been out of job since Mar 19 and am about to start an Staff role.

2) I did not file my personal Income tax for 2019 -2020 during the time i was a director with the Pvt company. However during the Feb i have changed to a staff position and the company has filed an Income tax and have recieved an P60. do i have to file the IT for during my period with Ltd company.

If the company is dead then generally it's debts die with it.

Were you liable to pay tax on any income in the 19/20 tax year that hasn't already been taxed at source? Did you take dividends in excess of any personal allowance or the £2k dividend zero-rate band? Did you have any other source of untaxed income or chargeable gains? If the answer to any of these is yes then you need to notify HMRC and probably file a tax return. If the answer is no then you don't need to notify HMRC or file a tax return unless you receive a "notice to file".

Comment

Working...
    X