• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Online filing - IR incentives

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the going rate?

From ICAEW - www.icaew.co.uk/index.cfm...MNXI_30245 - re Fees

Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fee Quotations and Estimates
    2.0 A member or member firm should, at the earliest opportunity, discuss and explain the basis on which fees will be calculated and, where practicable, the estimated initial fee. Fees should be determined by reference to:

- the seniority and professional expertise of the persons necessarily engaged on the work;
    - the time expended by each;
    - the degree of risk and responsibility which the work entails;
    - the priority and importance of the work to the client;
    - together with any expenses properly incurred.

The arrangements agreed should be confirmed in writing prior to the commencement of any engagement, normally in an engagement letter, including a confirmation of any estimate, quotation or other indication, and where the basis of future fees will differ from that of initial fees, the basis on which such fees will be rendered. Where there is no engagement letter the member or member firm should confirm the initial discussion in writing to the client as soon as practicable
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bradley

What is the normal charge out rate for a qualified accountant.

Comment

Re: What is the going rate?

... and another one for you too whlie you're at it Bradley..

do you know the normal charge out rate for the office junior who would clearly get this tedious unskilled work to do?

Comment

Re:Rates

What is the normal charge out rate for a qualified accountant.
        As Fiddle implies, why would you get a qualified accountant to do something as mundane as filling in the FBI2 form? That's rhetorical by the way .

Comment

Re: Re:Rates

Bradley - there is another nice bit on that page you pointed us to ( www.icaew.co.uk/index.cfm?AUB=TB2I_30245,MNXI_30245 )

Fundamental Principle 1-"Integrity"
          A member should behave with integrity in all professional and business relationships. Integrity implies not merely honesty but fair dealing and truthfulness. A member’s advice and work must be uncorrupted by self-interest and not be influenced by the interests of other parties.
          Now the word fair has been somewhat corrupted by government over the last 8 years but even so I'm still at a loss to understand what is fair about this charge.

Comment

Re: Re:Rates

Fiddle - you are being a little naive here.....

....that fairness has already been explained to both of us by different people......

' You lot are getting £825 from the government for doing nothing and it is only fair that we should get part of that too '

This is slightly simplistic though as the government are wasting taxpayers money here but who are the taxpayers in this instance ?

HTH

Comment

im back!!! cant hold be back -

its buckstewerbuck under my new alias!!

back after my holiday and second ban....why?? I have asked the webmaster for an explanation but none was recieved (wasnt really expecting one) >: >:

Nice to see the thread still going strong!!

this will probably be my last post before im banned again!! cant be bothered to go through the registration process again...not unless someone pays me £125+ vat :rollin :rollin

Comment

Re: im back!!! cant hold be back -

> recieved

Hey buckster - perhaps it's because you karnt spel.
                Can't think of any other reason :rolleyes
                It's rolling slowing in General too. Oh.. and PCG.. and FSB.. and if you know any other forums worth the effort let me know.

Wonder if you know of any other media too - done Private Eye and Working Lunch - no idea if either will be interested though.

Comment

Re: now lets get some wisdom from the PCG - not!

For any PCG members that may be interested - sorry non-members will not be able to view, so that will probably be me next year.....

www.pcg.org.uk/threads/sh...=1&v=c&s=5

Trying to help people to help themselves in the PCG, with some exceptions, always proves to be very hard but Fiddle is currently doing a sterling job - I have bottled out claiming temporary insanity

Comment

On this and the PCG thread, you two are the only people who are getting in a flap over it.

Everyone else says something along the lines of "if you don't like it, don't pay"

If you do need a crusade to make your lives seem slightly more worthwhile, do try to pick on something more interesting.

Comment

I find it interesting that people get banned for expressing their opinions in a reasonable manner. Maybe this forum is not as independent as I thought.

For the record SJD or whoever can charge what they like and as long as people are willing to pay then its good business for both.

A bit cheeky though and what I would call a stealth fee increase.

Comment

Working...
                      X