• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Data Privacy fee

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    I've been a member for a number of years as I am Data Platform consultant and work with personal data.

I do it to show that clients can trust me not to do anything stupid with their data.

qh
    That's quite a good idea, an extra "why pick me" box tick

Comment

It applies to the UK. If you have personal contact information of clients on your computer, it applies.

Do I need to pay a fee to the ICO? | IPSE

If you take the self-assessment I don't see how it wouldn't apply.

ICO self assessment

I suppose you can simply write their details down on a piece of paper and send letters or hope you get away with it.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        It applies to the UK. If you have personal contact information of clients on your computer, it applies.

Do I need to pay a fee to the ICO? | IPSE

If you take the self-assessment I don't see how it wouldn't apply.

ICO self assessment

I suppose you can simply write their details down on a piece of paper and send letters or hope you get away with it.
        If the only reason you have contact details for your clients is for your business records (contracts and in your bookkeeping software) then it does not apply. I did the self assessment myself and that’s the result I got. I don’t have my clients details for any other reason!

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
          If the only reason you have contact details for your clients is for your business records (contracts and in your bookkeeping software) then it does not apply. I did the self assessment myself and that’s the result I got. I don’t have my clients details for any other reason!
          OK thx, sounds good.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
          X