• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SJD Accountancy - prompting aw change?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys,

I'm one of the people/former clients of SJD.
    I want to raise funds to legally challenge SJD for not delivering on the customer promise and the contractual obligations, delaying (purposefully?) providing records for customers (like me) leaving the firm, poor customer service overall despite promises and pledges, change of the qualified accounts to 'account team member' or whatever they call them.
    I set up a fundraiser. Personally, I don't care about money. It will be for lawyers - if needed.
    My thought is - if we have enough evidence to to push for a legislation that will make any accounting firm responsible for other people's money - I'll be happy...
    And before any of you ask -I've contacted a number of organisations over the course of last year - from ATT, AII to ICEAW. Add to it - Financial Ombudsmen and FRC. The answer is one - if you are not registered, you are not regulated. The SJD website has changed recently, and removed various other references re: membership of being of various [whatever].
    Personally, I am up for a fight with them but can't do it on my own. In light of the recent Ward's discovery/scandal, I think there's a bigger chance to expose unreliable and unregulated companies. Bottom line - there's always a way/chance to change and learn. (and maybe a win? ) I know I have suffered in the last 18 months..You?
    Last edited by newbea; 8 January 2020, 18:36.

You must have been pushed hard to be this angry!
    Realistically What do you want out of it - compensation?
    If a company doesn't deliver it is frustrating but best voted with your feet unless there are fundamental accounting errors.

Comment

[QUOTE=saptastic;2714898]You must have been pushed hard to be this angry!
      /QUOTE]
      oh boy! believe I have!

I want a law change. Bottom line.
      As in - no to 'Wards' (good timing btw)
      Do you think that providing professional references, and accounts, for nearly 6 moths is acceptable?
      Last edited by newbea; 8 January 2020, 18:27.

Comment

You want to speak to JTB. He'll be all over anything that's going to court...

Oh hang on. No it won't.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You are rambling.

Therefore suggest you won’t be able to put anything together to challenge SJD or get a law change. Still not sure exactly what you want from your post.

Sounds like you didn’t take your responsibilities seriously. Then SJD messed up and you didn’t realise you were responsible for your companies affairs.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            You want to speak to JTB. He'll be all over anything that's going to court...

Oh hang on. No it won't.
            forgive ignorance..who/what is is JTB?

And to stress it - I'm serious.
            Spent a year trying to find someone/ establish a body that would keep company like that accountable - to no avail.

I don't believe to be right for any company undertaking taxation services, or any other financial ones, NOT to be regulated.

And the drop that tipped the chalice for me - 5+ months waiting for professional reference. And accounts.

I''d appreciate if you had something more useful to say. Otherwise...you know what.

Comment

Originally posted by MrButton View Post
              You are rambling.

Therefore suggest you won’t be able to put anything together to challenge SJD or get a law change. Still not sure exactly what you want from your post.

Sounds like you didn’t take your responsibilities seriously. Then SJD messed up and you didn’t realise you were responsible for your companies affairs.
              My responsibilities? I will repeat: 5+ months waiting for pro clearance and accounts - is it acceptable for you?
              If you don't have anything substantial to say, please stay away.

to clarify - I do not owe or have ANY outstanding affairs with HMRC.
              I have a bone to pick with SJD - that is true. But my bigger bone is the fact that an accountant can **** you and not be held accountable - if not registered with any regulatory body.

If you - guys above - have an issue with it - maybe you don't like any sort of legislation for a reason. Not Doesn't involve you? Don't stick your nose in.
              Last edited by newbea; 8 January 2020, 21:51.

Comment

The guys above have a hundred years of contracting experience between them and like me have seen mad ramblings like yours several times over the years that has led to nothing

My advice (you won’t follow) is forget it and stop whinging and get on with your life

Long time deed mate

What exactly have you suffered ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                Last edited by GhostofTarbera; 8 January 2020, 22:47.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                  The guys above have a hundred years of contracting experience between them and like me have seen mad ramblings like yours several times over the years that has led to nothing
                  that would make them immortal which I really doubt they are...
                  My contracting experience may not be be a lesser one but I seem to be losing on participation! Book/cover comes to mind

Let me introduce myself -contractor since 2008 (do I qualify for your 'big boys club'?), client of SJD since 2008... had turbulent times with changes over etc, survived

you want to add anything on the subject?

to be clear: I have an issue with them .I seek opinions and experiences of dealing with the company, and not jerk out comments just beacuse someone has been an active member ....Complacent come to mind?

Please explain to me how I'm a moaning/whinging and whatever/whoever your friend described me as. As I said.
                  You have nothing to say - shut tf up. I'm not here for gossips and so called laid back and satisfied customers.

I may be be not MORI but I still seek customers' experiences and reviews.
                  Peace and out and keep out..
                  Unless you (two above) have something useful to say? btw - you know that quantity doesn't necessarily translates in quality? I really don't care about your provenance on this site Seems like you rarely have anything useful to say..I suggest...chill out..step back..let other people to do the job..
                  Last edited by newbea; 8 January 2020, 23:29.

Comment

Originally posted by newbea View Post
                    that would make them immortal which I really doubt they are...
                    My contracting experience may not be be a lesser one but I seem to be losing on participation! Book cover comes to.mind

Let me introduce myself -contractor since 2008 (do I qualify for your 'big boys club'?), client of SJD since 2008... had turbulent times with changes over etc, survived

you want to add anything on the subject?

Please explain to me how I'm a moaning/whinging and whatever/whoever your friend described me as. As I said.
                    You have nothing to say - shut tf up. I'm not here for gossips and so called laid back and satisfied customers.

I may be be not MORI but I still seek customers' experiences and reviews.
                    Peace and out and keep out..
                    Unless you have something useful to say? btw - you know that quantity doesn't necessarily translates in quality? I really don't care about your provenance sine you don't appear to have one...chill out..step back..let other people to do the job..
                    Apologies in advance if your bi polar or similar or on meds no offense meant

What exactly is your problem with them ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                    X