• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35: Planning for April 2021 – should I stay or should I go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CompoundOverload View Post
    Have you had a determination confirmed in writing from your client you are outside post April ?
    Depends if the contract has truly ended. If there is no chance of an extension then there is no determination to make and therefore it doesn't matter when he gets paid.

If an extension pops up at the last minute he's got problems but he should know the likelyhood of that.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Depends if the contract has truly ended. If there is no chance of an extension then there is no determination to make and therefore it doesn't matter when he gets paid.

If an extension pops up at the last minute he's got problems but he should know the likelyhood of that.
      But irrespective of whether this contract is ending / to be extended, won't all firms be required to make a determination on all of their contractors? I doubt the poster's client is going to leave it until the last minute to make such a decision, so it's likely that the client will make some assessment before the contract lapses / gets extended?

Comment

Possibly. What's the point of making a determination of a role that won't exist after April?

Crux of the argument is will it?. The OP will know the work and if there is a question then they need to ask the client to be sure.
        Last edited by northernladuk; 4 October 2019, 16:16.

Comment

Great thread.

My current (outside) contract ends on 31st March 2020 and I invoice weekly but the agency settle 30 days later. So that last month's worth of invoices will be paid in tax year 20/21 i.e. in the "new world".
          I will contact the agency for comment but sounds like I might need to invoke the 30 day notice period come end of Feb.

Comment

Originally posted by adubya View Post
            Great thread.

My current (outside) contract ends on 31st March 2020 and I invoice weekly but the agency settle 30 days later. So that last month's worth of invoices will be paid in tax year 20/21 i.e. in the "new world".
            I will contact the agency for comment but sounds like I might need to invoke the 30 day notice period come end of Feb.
            I'm sure it's been mentioned but I'd speak to the client first. Remember, the determination has absolutely squat to do with the agent.

Find out if its an enduring role past April. If not you are golden. If there is a chance of extensions then you need to find out from your client what there thought process is Before they make an actual determination.

Wonders if Cojak could add something in to her sticky about contracts ending 30th with no extension as its a slightly different situation.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              I'm sure it's been mentioned but I'd speak to the client first. Remember, the determination has absolutely squat to do with the agent.

Find out if its an enduring role past April. If not you are golden. If there is a chance of extensions then you need to find out from your client what there thought process is Before they make an actual determination.

Wonders if Cojak could add something in to her sticky about contracts ending 30th with no extension as its a slightly different situation.
              It's highly unlikely there will be an extension.

Comment

Originally posted by adubya View Post
                It's highly unlikely there will be an extension.
                That still indicates risk which needs dealing with.

Comment

Just tell the agency you wont be available from April, that this would help them save time and money making a determination on you and save them having a one to one with you to inform you of the decision. Also ask them to inform you of any outside ir35 contracts available post April they might have available...

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by eldy View Post
                    Just tell the agency you wont be available from April, that this would help them save time and money making a determination on you and save them having a one to one with you to inform you of the decision. Also ask them to inform you of any outside ir35 contracts available post April they might have available...

You do realise this is so wrong don't you?
                    Last edited by northernladuk; 5 October 2019, 12:58.

Comment

Why what's wrong with it? I sent an email to the agency earlier this week as follow up to their ir35 webex, will let you know when I hear back

Comment

Working...
                      X