• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Registered Address \ Mail Forwarding

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Registered Address \ Mail Forwarding

I've currently got my Ltd. registered address as my home address; for various reasons, I'd like to change this and also use some kind of mail forwarding service. Any of you guy's got any recommendations?

IIRC Your Cos registered address has to be a physical place but could be your accountants (if they offer this service) but you could get a PO box (about £50 pa) for postal contact.

Comment

I use Mailboxes etc. Costs around £300 per year. They have a decent high st address which I put on myco's stationery, they save all my myco's mail which I collect very few days - they give you a mailbox key so you can get it at any time. They accept delivery of packages at any time which is great if you live on your own and the house is empty (I left a BMW front bumper in their office for a week and they were fine about it).

Having a registered address is something different. I use my accountant's address for that. People might quibble about having the real address on invoices rather than the registered address but in reality no-one gives a stuff.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I do the same as Lockhouse (i.e. have my registered address as my accountants and have a PO box for daily correspondance). Remember though that under the Companies act, all legal stationery - invoices, letterhead, etc. - has to have your registered address and Co registration number on it somewhere.

Ahem....thanks to my solicitor for pointing that one out!!

Comment

I do the same - Registered address is the accountant's, use a PO Box for other correspondence. I didn't want to use my home address at all however the Bank will not send statements to the PO Box address.

Originally posted by Mustang
          Remember though that under the Companies act, all legal stationery - invoices, letterhead, etc. - has to have your registered address and Co registration number on it somewhere.
          - And website and email footers

Comment

What's wrong with using your home addy as your business address. I do, and haven't had any problems so far. In fact, it legitimises any tax exemptions for using my home for business purposes. I can't see the point of using another addy if it costs extra.

Comment

Probably nothing wrong with it, I just prefer to keep business and personal stuff separate.

I guess it depends on your address, I just don't think mine would look terribly professional on the company paperwork.

Would you want to deal with a company with the address "Bedsit F, 3a Sh1t Street"?

Comment

That's basically it; I'd prefer to keep my personal address of company stationary etc.

Comment

My home address is ok. We live on a new estate so they have some imaginative names - sounds better than a generic business address in Londinium. I have one of those as my registered address but I'm happy with my home address on the stationary.

However . . . might be moving to a new place on a road called "Badgers Retreat" (seriously) so could need a different address then.

Comment

Originally posted by kirk
                    That's basically it; I'd prefer to keep my personal address of company stationary etc.
                    Well, a PO Box costs about £58 a year - same again if you can't be bothered to go and pick up your mail yourself and you want the post office to forward everything to your home.

The registered address still must go on stationary though. As I said, the accountants address is the registered address. They charge for that though (about £95 a year).

Comment

Working...
                    X