• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client paying expenses when 2 year rule in force

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zoomfwd View Post
    Would I then need to declare the the total amount as a BIK on my self assessment and pay income tax on that at my marginal rate ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    In what scenario?

If YourCo is simply invoicing the client for the additional costs incurred it has nothing to do with your personal tax situation - it’s just extra company income at that point.

The only scenario in which you’d incur a BIK that would need declaring as above would be if you continue to personally reclaim those expenses from YourCo.

If you paid corporation tax on the extra profits generated from the additional billed income then any remaining profits can be distributed as a dividend like any other profits subject to personal tax.

Comment

Working...
    X