• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paying the damage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've created a poll to answer the question once and for all. https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ment-site.html
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      I've created a poll to answer the question once and for all.
      If only David Cameron had been so far sighted.

Eh?

Oh...

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
        If only David Cameron had been so far sighted.

Eh?

Oh...

It's ok. This one's only advisory. But with you making that comment, I'm beginning to suspect you're not who you say you are...
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post

Your repeated assertion that "no company would allow that"

Where exactly do you think I said that?
          Can you not read?
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Always cover your arse!

1. No matter what the situation always send an email to someone at client co outlining the situation.
            eg: Hi CEO, for the record, today I have just started using laptop asset number 666 and noticed it is full of nude photos of squirrels.

2. Keep a manual diary of all events.
            eg: Notified HR of photos of nude squirrels on the laptop
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
              If you're a real contractor, you should be using your own equipment. Does the client supply the hammer when the maintenance man goes on-site?
              When my drive was done I supplied the contractor with a breaker (forgot to bring his.) Fairly certain that didn't make him my employee.

Comment

Originally posted by jds 1981 View Post
                When my drive was done I supplied the contractor with a breaker (forgot to bring his.) Fairly certain that didn't make him my employee.
                Billy doesn't bring his own bog brushes on site, but he's still an independent contractor.

Comment

Working...
                X